My real LDS.org account doesn't work

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
PowerCoach

My real LDS.org account doesn't work

Post by PowerCoach »

I had to create this second account just to get access to the Forum. LDS.org keeps telling me that my password doesn't work, and not matter how many times I send a reset email, and no matter how many times I change the password, and no matter how many times LDS.org says my password was successfully changed, I CANNOT ACCESS MY ACCOUNT. I can't get to tithing, LDS Gospel Library, LDS Tools . . . NOTHING. I've tried sending a website contact form for help. That was useless. I've tried making a phone call to Salt Lake City to speak with a tech. That was unsuccessful. What do I have to do to get my real LDS.org account fixed?
mfmohlma

Re: My real LDS.org account doesn't work

Post by mfmohlma »

When you say you phoned in, why was that unsuccessful? I believe that's the recommended method when the website contact form doesn't work. You may have to have your ward clerk call in for you.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

How long did you wait after changing the password? In the past, I've found a significant time lag after changing the password before it's effective. When I say "significant", try waiting an hour.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
PowerCoach

Post by PowerCoach »

I've waited anywhere from 5 minutes, to 5 hours, to a week. This issue has been going on for weeks.
russellhltn wrote:How long did you wait after changing the password? In the past, I've found a significant time lag after changing the password before it's effective. When I say "significant", try waiting an hour.
PowerCoach

Post by PowerCoach »

Since I can't find a phone number anywhere to call, I suppose I'll have to find an alternate method of resolution. The number I called was after Googling tech support for LDS.org. Apparently, that isn't available anywhere, since every number I called had nothing to do with technology. One number I called was the ward clerk's office from a Salt Lake City ward. Ridiculous. I've been in technology for many years. Disappointed is an understatement.
mfmohlma wrote:When you say you phoned in, why was that unsuccessful? I believe that's the recommended method when the website contact form doesn't work. You may have to have your ward clerk call in for you.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

PowerCoach wrote:The number I called was after Googling tech support for LDS.org.
Your ward clerk can find the proper number here. Please work with him to contact the Global Service Center.

As an aside, you can imagine why the church works this way: They have the manpower to support all ~30k of us clerks but cannot support every single member directly. If you were in my ward, I'd welcome your help request immediately. Hope you can get this resolved soon.
PowerCoach

Post by PowerCoach »

Your suggestion is only useful if you have a Ward Clerk that actually is responsive and calls you back. That is not the case for me. Given the level of technology used in the church and my 30+ year background in technology, this structure leaves much to be desired.

Return to “Church Account”