Deleting an extra account

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
samuelaskinner

Deleting an extra account

Post by samuelaskinner »

I created my LDS Account years ago, not knowing that my parents had already made one for me. But now the problem is, the email associated with the one they made for me (the one I use much more) is linked to an email that I don't have access to, and can't change the email to my current one because (I assume) there is already an account linked to my email. How do I go about deleting the account I made so I can change the email on my actual account?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Deleting an extra account

Post by lajackson »

samuelaskinner wrote:I created my LDS Account years ago, not knowing that my parents had already made one for me.
Ask your ward clerk to help you contact the Global Service Center and have them combine the accounts or delete one of them as appropriate. The GSC will have to do it for you.

Return to “Church Account”