LCR Organizational Input

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jkekoolani

LCR Organizational Input

Post by jkekoolani »

Aloha
We have a problem with the Elders and High Priests Organization. Our Ward does not have a High Priest Group. We have an Elders Quorum. We have a HP as the Elders Quo Pres. But cant input his name as the EL Quo Pres. Also the 1st councilor is a HP. Also can not be input into the Elders Quo Organization. Question is, how do I input High Priests into the Elder Quorum Organization. Also some of the Home Teaching supervisors are HP. So I believe I have the same issue with them. Let me know, thanks for all you do.

Joel Kekoolani
[Contact information removed]
Last edited by russellhltn on Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed contact information - this is a public forum
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: LCR Organizational Input

Post by sbradshaw »

Handbook 2, 7.2.1 indicates that an elders quorum president should be an elder. Leader and Clerk Resources usually enforces the Handbooks strictly.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Are the High Priests assigned to the Elders Quorum organization (in LCR in the member's profile on the Callings/Classes tab under Class Assignments). Even if LCR does allow a HP to be assigned as an EQ President, it will probably not allow it unless the High Priest is assigned to the quorum first. If the HP is assigned and it still won't allow it then probably LCR is enforcing the handbook rule as sbradshaw suggested.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

jkekoolani wrote:We have a problem with the Elders and High Priests Organization. Our Ward does not have a High Priest Group. We have an Elders Quorum. We have a HP as the Elders Quo Pres. But cant input his name as the EL Quo Pres. Also the 1st councilor is a HP. Also can not be input into the Elders Quo Organization. Question is, how do I input High Priests into the Elder Quorum Organization. Also some of the Home Teaching supervisors are HP. So I believe I have the same issue with them. Let me know, thanks for all you do.
In order to assign a high priest to a leadership position in an elders quorum (which is unusual, but valid), the high priest must be assigned as a member of the elders quorum. There are a couple of places in LCR where this change can be made:
  • Member profile > Callings/Classes - Class Assignments (click Edit button for priesthood class assignment)
  • Organizations > High Priests Group - Members (select member and click Move to button)
Having said that: If you are a ward, you have a high priests group. I recommend that you review the instructions in Handbook 2, 7.8.1, paragraph 4. There may need to be some discussion between your bishop and your stake president on the current organization of your ward.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

scgallafent wrote:Having said that: If you are a ward, you have a high priests group. I recommend that you review the instructions in Handbook 2, 7.8.1, paragraph 4. There may need to be some discussion between your bishop and your stake president on the current organization of your ward.
See also Handbook 2, 17.2.3.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

scgallafent wrote:Having said that: If you are a ward, you have a high priests group.
What about in a YSA ward? Particularly when the bishopric are out-of-unit members? I have seen single people ordained HP, but from what I've seen, that's far from common. (I can only remember one.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:
scgallafent wrote:Having said that: If you are a ward, you have a high priests group.
What about in a YSA ward?
They have a high priests group that never meets as a HP group, except when they call it bishopric meeting. [smile]
They usually fall into the situation similar to a ward that has very few high priests so they meet with the elders quorum.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

russellhltn wrote:
What about in a YSA ward?
That would be a valid exception. (It isn't the case with the unit in question.)

There are all sorts of fun "what ifs" we could get into with YSA wards, YSA stakes, and the small group of married student stakes that still exist.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

scgallafent wrote:That would be a valid exception. (It isn't the case with the unit in question.)
Ah, that wasn't clear to me.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

russellhltn wrote:
scgallafent wrote:That would be a valid exception. (It isn't the case with the unit in question.)
Ah, that wasn't clear to me.
I didn't make it clear. Yours was a good catch of the most common exception.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”