Ward Member problems with lds.org accounts

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
dudley63

Ward Member problems with lds.org accounts

Post by dudley63 »

Hope whoever is reading this is having a good day,
I am a Membership clerk in the Port Angeles 1st Ward (just this week now the MT Pleasant ward) of the Port Angeles Stake in Washington State. This is the second time I have run across this kind of thing. I copied the email I got form a member:
"I've been trying to access my online lds.org account to order garments - I've done this many many times before. Now it is not recognizing my username or password. I tried to reset everything using my birthday and membership number but it says that they are invalid ans my membership number doesnt exist. The people I spoke with to fix this directed me to you. Can you help? It's so weird."
Is there something I can do to help or a contact # or email for them to have some help in resolving this kind of thing?

Thank you for any help you can offer.
Scott Dudley
eblood66

Re: Ward Member problems with lds.org accounts

Post by eblood66 »

First verify that they are indeed using the same membership number and birth date shown on their record. If they are using the correct information, then you can contact the Global Service Center on their behalf and ask them to check on things.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Ward Member problems with lds.org accounts

Post by lajackson »

dudley63 wrote:I am a Membership clerk in the Port Angeles 1st Ward (just this week now the MT Pleasant ward)
The ward change is going to slow things down a bit for some members who have, in effect, "moved". It shouldn't, but in reality it does, as the Church servers try to account for the location and membership status of members. The computers seem to get a bit confused while all of the changes are settling in.

In the meantime, do as suggested. Make sure members are using the correct information and then help them contact the GSC for further assistance.

Return to “Church Account”