Can a Bookmark Update be Undone?

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Can a Bookmark Update be Undone?

Post by lajackson »

Is there any way to undo a bookmark update? In a moment of weakness, my highly-trained, non-thinking habit-formed finger updated the top bookmark, rather than selecting one further down the list to update.

I shut down my device and jumped to LDS.org but, alas, I was connected when I mis-updated, and the update had already been passed on to the mothership.

My original bookmark was somewhere in the Old Testament, but that doesn't narrow it down much. I think I am sunk. I may have to read the whole book again to figure out where I was parked.
jasonhyer

Re: Can a Bookmark Update be Undone?

Post by jasonhyer »

The best hope was in the notes section on lds.org but there is not an option to see recent updates or past versions. Because that isn't there I would conclude that you are stuck.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

If you have another device that hasn't synced, you could check there (put it in airplane mode before you open Gospel Library to make sure nothing syncs down). Other than that, there's no way to undo or see previous versions of bookmarks or annotations.

If you've been making highlights as you've gone along, you could check under Notes > Recent to see where your last highlight was in the Old Testament.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Thanks, jasonhyer and sbradshaw, for the excellent suggestions. Unfortunately, as I suspected, with only one phone that has stayed super-synced lately, it appears I am doomed to reread a part of the Old Testament.

Not a bad thing, actually. I suppose I should have been paying more attention and remembered what I was reading. It seems to have made an awfully terrible impression on me. Another wonderful opportunity to repent. [grin]

Return to “Android Gospel Library”