Creating lists

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
zaneclark

Creating lists

Post by zaneclark »

I use an iPhone and make heavy use of the Lists feature. Today at church I was showing someone with an android phone how to create lists, but it appears you have to search for each name to add it to the list, while in my iPhone, you can scroll through the entire directory, and check the names you want in your list. I'm hoping android has something similar and I just missed it... Anyone know about this?
lmcguire

Re: Creating lists

Post by lmcguire »

You can scroll the directory, load the person page, and at the bottom is a greenish heading for "LISTS" and you can tap on "None" (if they're not in a list) or the name of a list (if they're already in a list) and this pops up a list of your lists (ahem). Check the box next to each list you want the person to be in (or uncheck, to remove from a list), then tap "SAVE" in the upper right corner.

If you want to make a new list to put the person in, when the list of lists comes up, click the + symbol at the top.

Hope that helps,

Liz
mschmauch

Post by mschmauch »

I use Nexus 6P Android 7.0 and I created names for 3 lists and want to delete 2 of those list names but see no way. Also, I seem to be able to select people and put them in the list I want to, but when I try to see those in the list, I see nothing. Why?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

The three vertical dots at the top right have the menu options you need. Display the list in question, then press the three-dot icon.

If you wish to delete the entire list, select Delete. If you wish to keep the list but delete specific members in the list, select Edit where you will be given an option to delete individual members of the list.
mschmauch

Re: Creating lists using Android 7.0

Post by mschmauch »

I do not see three dots for the whole or horizontal when I'm trying to select a specific list so perhaps Android 7.0 is not fully supported yet by LDS tools. In
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Creating lists using Android 7.0

Post by russellhltn »

mschmauch wrote:perhaps Android 7.0 is not fully supported yet by LDS tools. In
Considering that I think 7.0 came out in just the past couple of days. that wouldn't surprise me.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

sbradshaw wrote:Custom lists do sync to your LDS Account, and are available on any installation of LDS Tools that's signed into your LDS Account . . . . They're not available in the browser at LDS.org, but they are synced to and from the Church servers for the LDS Tools app.
sbradshaw said that in the iOS Topic. Is the same true for Android?

If so, how do I get them back onto my device? Did I lose them with the upgrade to 3.2.0 and not notice?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

lajackson wrote:
sbradshaw wrote:Custom lists do sync to your LDS Account, and are available on any installation of LDS Tools that's signed into your LDS Account . . . . They're not available in the browser at LDS.org, but they are synced to and from the Church servers for the LDS Tools app.
sbradshaw said that in the iOS Topic. Is the same true for Android?
Yes, lists created on iOS sync to Android and vice versa.
lajackson wrote:If so, how do I get them back onto my device? Did I lose them with the upgrade to 3.2.0 and not notice?
Have you tried syncing again? Sometimes the sync hiccups, especially when there are a lot of people syncing at the same time. You shouldn't have lost them with the upgrade.
russellhltn wrote:
mschmauch wrote:perhaps Android 7.0 is not fully supported yet by LDS tools. In
Considering that I think 7.0 came out in just the past couple of days. that wouldn't surprise me.
Android 7 was released in August of last year (though, as it typical for Android, the rollout to different manufacturers' devices is slow). Most of the Android developers are running Nexus or Google branded devices, which were among the first to get Android 7, so I don't think there are any features in the app not supported by Android 7.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:Android 7 was released in August of last year
Yup, just a few days before my post on the subject. <grin> Of course, now that it's 6+ months later, the situation has changed.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

sbradshaw wrote:Have you tried syncing again? . . . You shouldn't have lost them with the upgrade.
It worked. Thanks.

Return to “Android Member Tools App”