Can ward clerk change household privacy setting?

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
aphipps

Can ward clerk change household privacy setting?

Post by aphipps »

We have a family that wants their information to be made private, but they do not want to log in or make their own account on lds.org. Is there a way for the ward clerk to set their privacy settings?
eblood66

Re: Can ward clerk change household privacy setting?

Post by eblood66 »

Yes. A clerk or member of the bishopric can make the change in the Directory (https://lds.org/directory).
aphipps

Post by aphipps »

thanks for the quick response!
ezdizzy

Post by ezdizzy »

Is this still the case? I have looked all over the directory, can't seem to find any privacy setting options (I am a ward membership clerk, maybe I don't have access to do this?).
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Currently the only way for a clerk to change the privacy settings is in Member Tools. We don't know why it was removed from the Directory.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Is that true for members, as well? What does a member do if he or she does not have Member Tools?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Adult members, over 18, using Member Tools can change their household and personal privacy settings. Members without Member Tools must ask a clerk (with membership edit rights) or a member of the bishopric to make the privacy setting change(s).
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

jdlessley wrote:Adult members, over 18, using Member Tools can change their household and personal privacy settings. Members without Member Tools must ask a clerk (with membership edit rights) or a member of the bishopric to make the privacy setting change(s).
And if the clerk or members of the bishopric don't have technology that can run Member Tools, the member is out of luck. I used to say that Clerks did not have to purchase technology to fully perform their calling. I cannot say that any longer...

Perhaps the Clerk can ask the Global Service center to do it for them in this scenario.

Return to “Church Account”