Ward Org Chart

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
Jshipp3

Ward Org Chart

Post by Jshipp3 »

Is there a way to create an org chart within the ward? Starting with the Bishop and the Aux he is responsible for and then his counselors and what they are responsible for? Would like to be able to see all assigned callings in an org chart type of pattern. Is this an enhancement or something that is available?
mevans

Re: Ward Org Chart

Post by mevans »

No, there is not a feature for that. I assume you're looking for an org chart like you might see at work? Still, if you look at "Ward Leaders" in the directory, you get a pretty good view of things--it just doesn't have the assignments of bishop and counselors.

In my personal opinion, I'd be careful about creating such a diagram. My gut feel is that some members would be uncomfortable with such a representation and may misinterpret its meaning.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mevans wrote:it just doesn't have the assignments of bishop and counselors.
I believe bishops have a fair amount of flexibility in assignments. So it may not be the same for two wards.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Jshipp3

Post by Jshipp3 »

Thank you for your thoughts. I see this more as something that would only be accessed by those in the Bishopric, Ward Clerk, Membership Clerk and Exe. Secretary. Today in our Bishops office there is a giant white board that has all the callings both filled and open in the office and so anytime he has a meeting, appointment or ward council everyone has the ability to look over it and that is one of the first things they do.

So having this built into the tool I think might be a great opportunity for a plug and play kind of system where when a bishopric is thinking about moving one person from calling A to calling B what impact that would have on the ward as a whole.

Again thanks - If it is something we think we can't or would not do that is awesome just wanted to bring up the idea.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I walked into a new bishop's office awhile back and saw the system he had set up. On the floor were yellow index cards arranged like an org charge. Members were written on blue or pink index cards and placed with their calling.

Seemed like a simple, yet effective system. But not so great for putting on the wall.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”