Family Search app for Windows Phone/Mobile

Pardogato3

Family Search app for Windows Phone/Mobile

Post by Pardogato3 »

Hi, im here to request a Family Search app for Windows Phone/Mobile because we are a big community and we don't have a Family Search app, we need a Family Search App!!!
carsonm

Re: Family Search app for Windows Phone/Mobile

Post by carsonm »

I think that a great Windows Universal App(s) for Family Search would be great. If I understand it correctly, the universal apps could potentially work on phones, tablets, laptops, desktops, 2 in 1s, convertibles, Xbox, and maybe even HoloLens (not sure how that would work), and the Surface Hub, all running Windows 10 in some form. I believe the family search app the could be converted from the iOS or Andriod versions then fine tuned from there to shorten the development time, I believe.

From what I understand there are about as many Windows phone users in the world as there are Apple Mac users. (about 100 million) (not iOS users) and about 350 million traditional computer form factors (laptop and desktop) using Windows 10. The Windows 8.1 users on phone and (Windows 7 and 8.1) computers would need to move to Windows 10 to make it work and increase the user base for the app. I know a few Apple Mac users who also run Windows on the same Apple computer, so the app could run in the Windows 10 instance on that same computer, as there is no Apple Mac app version of Family Search as well, so this would help them as well.

Next, it would take the approval from Family Search to create the development project. They would need to find a group of developers and testers willing to volunteer their time to make the app a reality. This may be the toughest part, but I think could be done.

I like the interest. As I have a Windows 10 mobile/smartphone and Windows 10 laptop (That also functions as desktop with a docking station) I have interest in it and would be willing to help test it. Hope it works if there is enough interest expressed to Family Search and there is a development team/project put the app together.
clint.hanson

Post by clint.hanson »

I too would be very interested in an app for Windows. I would even be interested in helping to test, etc.
ej6612

Post by ej6612 »

How can we contact FamilySearch on this?

Via Windows 10 Mobile
Dipal7

Post by Dipal7 »

How to use Family Search App for Android phone..! please explain step by step guide.!! m waiting for your reply..!!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Dipal7 wrote:How to use Family Search App for Android phone..! please explain step by step guide.!! m waiting for your reply..!!
The forum is not set up for that level of training. I'd suggest you check the help features in the app.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Mobile Applications”