Change LDS Account after remarriage

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
chrispalombi

Change LDS Account after remarriage

Post by chrispalombi »

We just got married (24 March 2017 in the LDS Temple) and my membership information has been updated to my new name. I now would like to update my user ID and password for lds.org and family search, but cannot find the help info needed to do so. I have contacted my ward clerk and he has verified that the membership record has been updated to my new name. However, when I log in to lds.org, I still need to use my old name and password and therefore, get my previous name and information. Family search still shows my previous married name and I want to change it to my new married name.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Change LDS Account after remarriage

Post by russellhltn »

chrispalombi wrote:I still need to use my old name and password and therefore, get my previous name and information.
I believe you can go to ldsaccount.lds.org and change your user name. You won't be able to change your last name, but that doesn't appear anywhere else.

chrispalombi wrote:Family search still shows my previous married name and I want to change it to my new married name.
Log into FamilySearch, click on your username at the top right and select "settings".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”