Quarterly Report - Adults and youth who submitted ancestor names for temple ordinances

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
bballrob

Quarterly Report - Adults and youth who submitted ancestor names for temple ordinances

Post by bballrob »

Line 9 of the quarterly report is Adults and youth who submitted ancestor names for temple ordinances. This number is automatically filled on by church headquarters. The actual number is not clickable. Is there any way to find out who these awesome genealogists in my ward are that are doing all this great work and submitting names for temple work??
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Quarterly Report - Adults and youth who submitted ancestor names for temple ordinances

Post by russellhltn »

No. Not that anyone has found.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bballrob

Re: Quarterly Report - Adults and youth who submitted ancestor names for temple ordinances

Post by bballrob »

That seems ridiculous. I can click the number of "potentials" and it will give me a list of the 300+ members of my ward age 12 and up, but it can't tell me who the 19 people are that are doing the work??
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

bballrob wrote:I can click the number of "potentials" and it will give me a list of the 300+ members of my ward age 12 and up, but it can't tell me who the 19 people are that are doing the work??
Correct. Everyone age 12 and up can do the work.

I would bet that your high priests group leader and his Temple and Family History Consultants would be able to tell you who is doing the work, especially if your youth took a trip to the temple recently and used names submitted by ward members. In fact, the Young Men and Young Women presidencies probably also could tell you, since I also would bet that the youth submitted most of the names.

Ask around.
bballrob

Post by bballrob »

I don't want people to guess who's doing the work, even if it's a pretty educated guest. I want to KNOW who's doing the work.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

bballrob wrote:I want to KNOW who's doing the work.
I didn't say guess. I said ask. What better way could there be for leaders to get to know the members of the ward than to visit with them and see where they are in their temple and family history involvement.

If you decide to wait for the Church to provide a list of names, you probably will never find out. That said, nothing keeps you from sending Feedback through one of the LDS.org links or through your priesthood leaders to let the Brethren know that you would like for them to share the information with you.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

bballrob wrote:That seems ridiculous. I can click the number of "potentials" and it will give me a list of the 300+ members of my ward age 12 and up, but it can't tell me who the 19 people are that are doing the work??
Please have patience. These particular names are much more difficult to gather than the other names on the quarterly report, because it involves moving and aligning data between FamilySearch and Church membership systems. But I understand that efforts are underway to make that data available "soon."
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

bballrob wrote:I don't want people to guess who's doing the work, even if it's a pretty educated guest. I want to KNOW who's doing the work.
Just a hunch -- I'm guessing that you are more interested in knowing who is NOT doing the work. We like to fix perceived problems by identifying the problem children, and encouraging them to do better. Eh?
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

drepouille wrote:
bballrob wrote:I don't want people to guess who's doing the work, even if it's a pretty educated guest. I want to KNOW who's doing the work.
Just a hunch -- I'm guessing that you are more interested in knowing who is NOT doing the work. We like to fix perceived problems by identifying the problem children, and encouraging them to do better. Eh?
Knowing the names of those who are submitting names for temple ordinances can be helpful, because you can ask them to help teach other members of the ward.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

sbradshaw wrote:Knowing the names of those who are submitting names for temple ordinances can be helpful, because you can ask them to help teach other members of the ward.
Absolutely. Which is probably why I was asked to begin inquiring in my stewardship interviews about temple and family history involvement. I am certain the bishopric is gathering revelation in order to make more effective callings and assignments in this area to bless the ward.

Return to “Reports and Forms”