Can't see any Access Points from FW

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
apporkka

Can't see any Access Points from FW

Post by apporkka »

For some reason I can't see any Access Points when looking at the FW from tm.lds.org interface. All I see is this message "No access points available for this firewall." The FW is cisco 881W model which has it's own AP. I would expect that I would see at least that AP. I have restarted the FW, but no help. Anyone seen this one before?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Can't see any Access Points from FW

Post by lajackson »

apporkka wrote:The FW is cisco 881W model which has it's own AP.
Are you seeing the AP? In other words, is it broadcasting and can you attach to it?

The 881W is notorious for losing track of its own AP. You might wish to let the Global Service Center know. They can usually reactivate it.
tlhackett
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by tlhackett »

TM only sees APs when the firewall "phones home". If it doesn't phone home with the AP data, TM assumes there aren't any APs. If the internal AP is not being phoned home, there may be an issue with it that will need to be fixed. If you have multiple APs, make sure that they aren't behind any kind of managed/smart switch or any kind of router. They prevent the firewall from "seeing" them as an AP causing the firewall to not phone home their data.

In either situation, contact the GSC to help troubleshoot/repair the issues.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

In addition to what's been said above, TM can only see compatible Cisco brand APs. If your building was wired up in the era when stakes could install WiFi on their own dime, you may have some consumer APs. Those will not show up in TM.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

apporkka wrote:For some reason I can't see any Access Points when looking at the FW from tm.lds.org interface. All I see is this message "No access points available for this firewall." The FW is cisco 881W model which has it's own AP. I would expect that I would see at least that AP. I have restarted the FW, but no help. Anyone seen this one before?
Were you able to see them recently, or has this just happened?

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”