Quarterly report averages?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
wrigjef

Quarterly report averages?

Post by wrigjef »

Our ward clerk has given me, the membership assistant, the responsibility of filling out the quarterly report. I'm reading instructions and making changes to the status quo. Previously our ward has been collecting everything for every month and averaging it, I read that only the last month of the quarter should be considered. Looking at the form the only time the word average is used is for sacrament meeting attendance. Obviously home and visiting teaching are real numbers but how about all the other attendance numbers, are they meant to be average per week or total? If total would it be total attendance over four weeks or the total of different people attendending? For example a certain young man attends his class four times during the month, is he counted once or is he counted four times?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Quarterly report averages?

Post by lajackson »

Do exactly as the instructions say.
wrigjef wrote:I read that only the last month of the quarter should be considered. Looking at the form the only time the word average is used is for sacrament meeting attendance.
Add the sacrament meeting attendance numbers for each Sunday during the last month of the quarter and divide by the number of meetings for the average sacrament meeting attendance.
wrigjef wrote:For example a certain young man attends his class four times during the month, is he counted once or is he counted four times?
For attendance, each person counts once. For example, if you have 25 young men, how many of them showed up at priesthood meeting at least one time during the last month of the quarter? Whether he showed up one time or four, you include his name in the total. One. 24 names to go.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:For attendance, each person counts once. For example, if you have 25 young men, how many of them showed up at priesthood meeting at least one time during the last month of the quarter? Whether he showed up one time or four, you include his name in the total. One. 24 names to go.
For this, it may be easier to count the number of people who didn't show up at all and calculate from there.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

lajackson wrote: For attendance, each person counts once. For example, if you have 25 young men, how many of them showed up at priesthood meeting at least one time during the last month of the quarter? Whether he showed up one time or four, you include his name in the total. One. 24 names to go.
If this is the case wouldn't a more clear way to ask the question on the report be "how many members of (quorum, class, or organization) were in attendence at least once this month (include visitors)?”
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

wrigjef wrote:
lajackson wrote: For attendance, each person counts once. For example, if you have 25 young men, how many of them showed up at priesthood meeting at least one time during the last month of the quarter? Whether he showed up one time or four, you include his name in the total. One. 24 names to go.
If this is the case wouldn't a more clear way to ask the question on the report be "how many members of (quorum, class, or organization) were in attendence at least once this month (include visitors)?”
The help text (that shows when you click on the label in the QR) says (for example): "Record the number of Melchizedek Priesthood holders who attended at least one priesthood meeting during the last month of the quarter or who attended at least one Sunday Young Men or Primary meeting during the last month of the quarter because of a Church calling involving them in one of those meetings.". So that's pretty much what it says.

But do not include visitors--only members for whom you have records.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:But do not include visitors--only members for whom you have records.
I believe sacrament attendance is the only count where you can count visitors.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:
eblood66 wrote:But do not include visitors--only members for whom you have records.
I believe sacrament attendance is the only count where you can count visitors.
Correct. For sacrament attendance you do count visitors.
mamouneym

Post by mamouneym »

How do we record attendance of Full-time missionaries serving from our wards and branches? Do they get recorded in the wards where they are serving their mission or do we record them in their home unit where we hold the records for them? I am referring to Relief Society Attendance rolls and Elders Quorum/Melchizedek Priesthood attendance rolls. I have had a secretary pose the question to me and I don't know the answer.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mamouneym wrote:How do we record attendance of Full-time missionaries serving from our wards and branches? Do they get recorded in the wards where they are serving their mission or do we record them in their home unit where we hold the records for them? I am referring to Relief Society Attendance rolls and Elders Quorum/Melchizedek Priesthood attendance rolls.
My understanding is that you record anyone as "attending" who is absent due to their calling. I'd think that would go for missionaries as well.

The ward the missionary is attending doesn't have their records, so they can't count them in PH/RS meetings.

Sacrament is a totally different thing.

wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

I get that sacrament meeting is based on a raw count but if organizational attendance is "each person counts once" I wonder why LCR doesn't have organizational lists with radio buttons next to each name so "attended this month" can be entered and tracked by a secretary. If that feature existed then those fields on the report could be auto populated. The HT/VT already could. We just need clear instruction and training so we could count on auxalaries using LCR correctly.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”