byutv app on Xbox360 ... no longer supported?

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
russellberrett

byutv app on Xbox360 ... no longer supported?

Post by russellberrett »

byutv app on my xbox360 is struggling. Connects to live TV featuring conference, but the audio is out of sync and the app eventually times out.

I turned the Xbox360 off and on again (hit tip: IT Crowd) as well as deleted the byutv app from the Xbox360 and re-installed it. Same issue.

Other network video streaming apps on the console (netflix, amazon prime, youtube) work fine. byutv on the Roku device works fine also.

Just curious if the byutv app for the Xbox360 is no longer supported? It worked fine 6 months ago.

Thanks in advance.

--rus.
russellberrett

Re: byutv app on Xbox360 ... no longer supported?

Post by russellberrett »

Seems to be better now. Thanks invisible hand of the Internet!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

My guess would be the server your xbox was trying to use was overloaded. I'm not sure as the Roku uses the same stream.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellberrett

Post by russellberrett »

Same problem this morning, darn!

Byutv app on Xbox360 can't connect to conference here in the family room / kitchen. However, Roku in the media room upstairs connects great! We will have to pause conference while we eat our pancakes and then migrate to the media room later.

#firstworldproblems
rarndtjr

Post by rarndtjr »

- Bump
Same problem. Was working about 6 months ago and when I tried to use it recently, I get an error that says "Error connecting to BYUTV" (or similar message).

Other apps like Netflix work fine but BYUTV for xBox fails to connect. I'm suspecting the issue is on the byutv server side. IP address for server changed or has mapping issues.

Q: Can someone please test this and look into the issue?

I'd really like to use my xBox for BYUTV again.

Thanks.

Ron
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

No one here can help you. We're just users like you. BYUtv contact info is here: https://www.byutv.org/contact

Best of luck!
rarndtjr

Post by rarndtjr »

Thanks for the contact URL. I'll contact them and provide feedback here in case anyone else has the same issue.

Return to “General Discussions”