Highlights Bookmarks etc. didn't migrate to new iPad

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
arniejen

Highlights Bookmarks etc. didn't migrate to new iPad

Post by arniejen »

The subject line says it all. When I transferred content from my old iPad to the new iPad none of my highlights/bookmarks/etc made the transition. Is there any way to get all that information back?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Highlights Bookmarks etc. didn't migrate to new iPad

Post by aebrown »

arniejen wrote:The subject line says it all. When I transferred content from my old iPad to the new iPad none of my highlights/bookmarks/etc made the transition. Is there any way to get all that information back?
If you were signed in to your LDS Account on Gospel Library on your old device, then your highlights/etc. should have been synced to LDS.org. You can check that by signing in to LDS.org on a browser and then going to the Notes feature under "My Account and Ward".

If your notes appear on LDS.org, then all you should need to do is to sign in on Gospel Library on your new device and then your highlights/etc. should sync from LDS.org to your new device.

If your notes are not on LDS.org, then you should go back to your old device and sign in on Gospel Library in order to sync your highlights to LDS.org.
TexasToad

Post by TexasToad »

Had to change to a new ipad. I've synced my old ipad and my iPhone. I can see my highlights, etc on those devices and in LDS.org. I still don't see them on my new ipad. Does the syncing to a new device take time? If so, does the syncing run in the background or do I need to leave the ipad on and opened in the Gospel Library app? Thanks! (I'm a heavy user of the Gospel Library, lots of notes, highlights, etc.)
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

This may sound too obvious, but double check that you're signed in to your LDS Account in Gospel Library on your new iPad. It may have migrated the app, but not the account sign in.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

If you create an annotation on your new iPad, does it sync up the other direction (can you see annotations from your new iPad on LDS.org)?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
smgisseman

Post by smgisseman »

I'm having a similar problem - I got a new iPhone 7 over the weekend and it won't load my bookmarks even though I can see them on my iPad.
starkweather

Post by starkweather »

Tried everything on this post to see highlights, bookmarks etc. on new 2017 ipad but still not visible. They show on everything else ie phone, pc, old ipad, but not on new ipad. Signed in and out many times on lds.org account but still nothing. Help!!!
starkweather

Post by starkweather »

Never mind. I finally deleted the Gospel Library app then re-installed it again and now everything shows up.
smgisseman

Post by smgisseman »

I did the same thing - deleted it and reinstalled and now it works.
rcstanley

Post by rcstanley »

Yep, deleting the gospel library app and reinstalling works.

I'm guessing it doesn't like restoring from an iCloud backup.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”