Setting up an online acct for aged mother with no cellphone

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
lynnettesalmond

Setting up an online acct for aged mother with no cellphone

Post by lynnettesalmond »

Help! My father just passed away and I am trying to do his taxes. I am trying to access their donations for last year. My mom has alzheimer's and has no cellphone. I tried to set up an acct for her, but it requires a cellphone, which she doesn't have. I need to access their donations asap. How do I do this? I have durable power of attorney so I have permission by them to do this. I can't figure out how to get access. I also will be taking care of my mom's finances and would like to pay her tithing from my home online. She hasn't been able to pay since my father took ill and is falling behind.
Thank you, Lynnette Salmond
eblood66

Re: Setting up an online acct for aged mother with no cellphone

Post by eblood66 »

I don't believe a cell phone is required. It does require either an email address or cell phone number that is then used if account password recovery is ever necessary but you should be able to use just an email address. If she doesn't already have an email account you can use, you can always set one up on one of the various free services.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Setting up an online acct for aged mother with no cellphone

Post by russellhltn »

lynnettesalmond wrote:Help! My father just passed away and I am trying to do his taxes. I am trying to access their donations for last year. My mom has alzheimer's and has no cellphone. I tried to set up an acct for her, but it requires a cellphone, which she doesn't have. I need to access their donations asap. How do I do this? I have durable power of attorney so I have permission by them to do this. I can't figure out how to get access. I also will be taking care of my mom's finances and would like to pay her tithing from my home online. She hasn't been able to pay since my father took ill and is falling behind.
I strongly suggest you talk to the ward clerk about this. Getting her an account may not grant you access to the donation history or tax statement. There are a number of things that would have to line up for you to be able to do that - including her husband granting his wife access to see any donations done under his account. That doesn't sound likely.

As such, I think trying to establish an account to see the tax statement is going to be a dead end. That's why I suggest talking with the ward clerk they've made their donations to.

If you just want to establish an account to make donations going forward, that's different. But that's not going to help you do the taxes now.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”