Getting emails from notifications@lds.org

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
markhamanderson

Getting emails from notifications@lds.org

Post by markhamanderson »

For years I've been getting emails about relief society calendar events from notifications@lds.org.

I am not a woman, and I have never been in a bishopric. I have no clue how I could've been added to this mailing list in the first place.

There is no "unsubscribe" link in any of the emails. (Shabby conduct not to include one of those.)

I have logged into my LDS.org account and checked my calendars to see if for some reason I have a relief society calendar, but I have none.

How can I be removed from this email list?
eblood66

Re: Getting emails from notifications@lds.org

Post by eblood66 »

Calendar subscriptions are not based on organization membership. By default members are subscribed to all calendars in their ward and stake until they unsubscribe.

However, subscriptions for calendar notifications are not visible in the calendar by default. Unchecking the box by the calendar just affects which calendars are visible in the web interface, not which are subscribed for notifications.

You must first click on the double arrow button at the top of the left hand section (the list of buildings and calendars) and then you are presented with the interface where you can unsubscribe from a calendar (which will prevent notifications and prevent if from syncing to outside calendars) or just disable notifications.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Some wards prefer to have a single ward calendar, rather than a separate calendar for each organization, thinking that doing so will make things simpler. It actually makes things more complicated, because it prevents ward members from selecting which calendar they want to see and receive notifications from. Hopefully, your ward has a separate Relief Society calendar from which you may unsubscribe.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

drepouille wrote:Hopefully, your ward has a separate Relief Society calendar from which you may unsubscribe.
True. Look carefully at the notification and it should say which calendar the event is on. It been a while since I received a notification so I can't give the specific wording but it should say somewhere.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:
drepouille wrote:Hopefully, your ward has a separate Relief Society calendar from which you may unsubscribe.
True. Look carefully at the notification and it should say which calendar the event is on. It been a while since I received a notification so I can't give the specific wording but it should say somewhere.
Using the message I got a few weeks ago, it's the last line. For example:

Calendar name: Ward Activites

You can also turn off ALL notifications from ALL calendars by going to settings (Gear icon in top right) > Options > and uncheck "Allow email reminders for calendar events"
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Other Member Technologies”