cant log in even after resetting password

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
sabrinaengland

cant log in even after resetting password

Post by sabrinaengland »

we have verified the login , and tried resetting password. after everything seems to be fixed it still wont let us login.
we have resetting with text, email and MRN.

what now?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: cant log in even after resetting password

Post by russellhltn »

I'd suggest logging into ldsaccount.lds.org. If that works, then the password has been reset. I'd wait some time before trying other services. It make take awhile before the password works in other places. I'd suggest waiting an hour just to be sure.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sabrinaengland

Post by sabrinaengland »

we have waited months. this has been an on going problem.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

sabrinaengland wrote:what now?
Work with your ward clerk who will also be able to contact the Global Service Center if he cannot resolve the issue.
charliepersinger

Post by charliepersinger »

I have never had as much difficulty with resetting a password as I do here. After resetting it still doesn't work Very exasperating.
jordanmclaws

Post by jordanmclaws »

I've been having the same problem for several days now even after resetting my password multiple times. I have to log in under my son's account to even reply to this post. I was afraid that maybe I was locked out of my account for changing my password multiple times, but I am still unable to login even after waiting several hours/days. This is extremely frustrating as it affects my ability to pay tithing on line and my ability to fulfill certain aspects of my calling (RS secretary). I guess I will have to bother my ward clerk to fix it.
lands616

Post by lands616 »

This is a problem. I know my USERID and when I can't sign-on and I click I forgot my password, I get an E-Mail telling me I can reset my password. But after resetting my password and trying to logon, it still says it is not recognized.
I've done this 2 - 3 times and it still is no good.
I'm using my wife's account to post this but I need to get on my own account to verify my tithing paid.
Frustrating that there is no one really to contact who can tell me what the problem is and how to fix it.
Grrrrrrrr.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

lands616 wrote: Frustrating that there is no one really to contact who can tell me what the problem is and how to fix it.
Grrrrrrrr.
The advice is the same as further up this thread. Contact your ward clerk who can contact the Global Service Center. We (ward clerks) are here to help but can only help folks in our own wards. :)
crolfson

Post by crolfson »

I just encountered this same problem. It turned out that there was a lock on my account for reasons unknown. Your ward clerk may have to contact the global service center to get it removed.

Return to “Church Account”