Billpay tithing anyone???

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
mikengray-p40

Billpay tithing anyone???

Post by mikengray-p40 »

Ok, so this is mostly for humor, but I'm curious how much paperwork would really be alleviated if we had an online way of submitting our tithing and donations. I know there is a need to loop our bishops in as we need to physically hand them *something*, but it wouldn't be nice if there could be some way to move this whole system online? Maybe we hand in the donation slip and make the payment online??? The ONLY handwritten check I ever write anymore is for tithing.....
Thoughts?
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

mikengray wrote:Ok, so this is mostly for humor, but I'm curious how much paperwork would really be alleviated if we had an online way of submitting our tithing and donations. I know there is a need to loop our bishops in as we need to physically hand them *something*, but it wouldn't be nice if there could be some way to move this whole system online? Maybe we hand in the donation slip and make the payment online??? The ONLY handwritten check I ever write anymore is for tithing.....
Thoughts?
This has been discussed AT LENGTH in other threads. I do not think we should start another discussion here (especially given the fact that one of those previous threads had to be locked from further submission; the dialog got very...."doctrinal" instead of focusing on the right things).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You might want to check out this thread
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
chrissv

Electronic Bill-Pay?

Post by chrissv »

Do you mean ETF deposits for tithing? If so, see this thread. I have been doing this for >1 year, and have had no problems at tithing settlement time where I show zero tithing given to the local unit (since it was all done electronically to SLC HQ).
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

chrissv wrote:Do you mean ETF deposits for tithing? If so, see this thread. I have been doing this for >1 year, and have had no problems at tithing settlement time where I show zero tithing given to the local unit (since it was all done electronically to SLC HQ).
Although the above referenced thread has some helpful information, please do not use any forms referenced on that thread, as they are out of date. The Church Donations Department has requested that members now use the forms that are available at the location described in this post.
mikengray-p40

Thanks for the responses!

Post by mikengray-p40 »

Sorry for bringing this up in a different forum thread. I'll try to look before I leap next time.... :(

Return to “General Discussions”