Accidentally synced my gospel library with my Mom's

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
hendricksons

Accidentally synced my gospel library with my Mom's

Post by hendricksons »

Help, I have accidentally synced my mom's gospel library to mine. How can I go back and delete all of her highlights and notes. I would be okay to start fresh. I just need to know how to do this. Thank you for your help!!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Accidentally synced my gospel library with my Mom's

Post by lajackson »

You might start by syncing to your account. If you have been signed in while working on your mobile app, your information should have been syncing with LDS.org. Sign in as you and sync again. Her things should go away and yours should appear.

If that does not work, sorry, there is no global delete. You will have to pick them off one at a time and delete them.
hendricksons

Post by hendricksons »

I was using her ipad when I signed in to my gospel library and it synced everything she had done on that ipad to my gospel library. I have signed out and signed back in but all the highlights and notes that are hers are still there. I appreciate any other ideas. Thank you!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

hendricksons wrote:I appreciate any other ideas.
I think I would report a bug through the app. I would have thought if you signed in as you it would sync with your highlights and notes. I think that is what happens on other devices.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

The only scenario I can see that happening (Gospel Library iOS) is if your mom made notes and annotations without ever signing into her own LDS Account. Is that the case? If so, I think Gospel Library is working as designed.

Gospel Library doesn't know who the annotations belong to if nobody is signed in. The first person who signs in claims ownership to any unattached annotations. Had she been signed in, you would have had to sign her out (which would remove her annotations) before you could sign in.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
hendricksons

Post by hendricksons »

I believe this is what happened. My mom had used the ipad without syncing to her account and when I signed in it then synced to mine. I was hoping there would be a way to go back to default or just clear all highlights and notes.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm wondering how you connect it to her account without losing her notes.

You can always delete her stuff from your account you don't want. It may be time consuming, but it can be done.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

russellhltn wrote:I'm wondering how you connect it to her account without losing her notes.
In Gospel Library for Android, you can log out and choose the option (popup when you sign out) to keep the annotations on the device. Then you can sign in with the other account and choose the option (another popup) to merge the annotations from the device. iOS doesn't have this option (because it could be dangerous if you're not careful :) ) – but it allows you to copy all annotations from one account to another. After that, each person can manually delete the other person's annotations from their account.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Gospel Library”