User name not valid?

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
Jnelkay64

User name not valid?

Post by Jnelkay64 »

I am getting a message that my user name is not a valid user name when I try to sign in. When I have it resend me my user name it sends me the one I am trying to sign in with.
Jnelkay64

Re: User name not valid?

Post by Jnelkay64 »

It seems to be working fine on the web site it is just in the app that it doesn't work
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Which app? Note that if you don't have a MRN attached to your account, some things like LDS Tools isn't going to work.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Jnelkay64

Post by Jnelkay64 »

The Family Tree App. I set up my username and password on the app and if I ask it to send me my password it sends me the one I am trying to sign in with and if I ask to be sent a new password it asks for my username and then tells me it isn't a valid username.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Can you log into FamilySearch ok?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Ambz27

Post by Ambz27 »

I have just had the same problem - I have literally signed up with my new user name (confirmed twice in a text msg) and the website will not accept it. It will not accept the password either, and the password recovery is not working.
I'm a little frustrated as I have been sitting here for half an hour trying to get into my newly created account :(
Why won't my user name work or my password? I know they're right!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Ambz27 wrote:I have literally signed up with my new user name (confirmed twice in a text msg) and the website will not accept it.
Give it time. From what I've seen, things don't sync between the different sides that fast. Give it a rest for awhile and see if it works later.

Jnelkay64

Post by Jnelkay64 »

How much time do you think? It is the next day and still not working. I powered my phone off last night, which I always do, so that's not it.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Jnelkay64 wrote:The Family Tree App. I set up my username and password on the app and if I ask it to send me my password it sends me the one I am trying to sign in with
That doesn't sound right. FamilySearch will NEVER send you your password. There are options for resetting your password, but you will not see your password in any email or text message or any other way.

Return to “Church Account”