Search in specific books

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
GrasseDD

Search in specific books

Post by GrasseDD »

In previous versions, I could restrict, to a degree, the scope of a text search. I don't see how to do that anymore. For even the simplest searches, I have to wait until GLA has searched the entire library and shown the hit counts in each book before I can drill down in any of them. Since most of my searches are in scriptures, I'm glad it searches that first, but not glad that it still makes me wait until everything else is searched and tabulated before I can look at those scriptures.
D.G.
vincecovino

Re: Search in specific books

Post by vincecovino »

I have the same frustration. The old search was better for me.
ryanpianoson

Post by ryanpianoson »

I would suggest something similar to the old search function as well!
lmcguire

Post by lmcguire »

Agreed.
afineart

Post by afineart »

I agree. I got a new phone recently and installed gospel library and the search function, as well as almost everything else is worse! I wondered if it's just my Moto g4 phone or what. Search is worse. I can't delete open windows with a swipe anymore. My latest window isn't the first to come up when I exit and reenter the program, and the playback button (at the bottom of the screen) isn't always available. Just trying to listen this morning and audio play is absolute on the chair before and the chapter after, just not the chair I want to listen to! I think I can highlight headings now which would be the only improvement. Is there a way to download the old version?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

afineart wrote:... the playback button (at the bottom of the screen) isn't always available. Just trying to listen this morning and audio play is absolute on the chair before and the chapter after, just not the chair I want to listen to!
Make sure you're scrolled to the top of the chapter. The audio button only shows up when you're scrolled to the top, to keep it from covering the text if you're reading further down.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
ChssAddct

Post by ChssAddct »

I agree with this frustration. I can't stand to wait till all content is searched and results tabulated, when I just want to get to the scripture I'm after.

Please bring back search that enabled searching scoped to within just the current book or current Category.
doylea

Post by doylea »

ChssAddct wrote:Please bring back search that enabled searching scoped to within just the current book or current Category.
I'll add my vote.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

doylea wrote:
ChssAddct wrote:Please bring back search that enabled searching scoped to within just the current book or current Category.
I'll add my vote.
You can vote all you want here on the forum, but no decisions maker is likely to see it (this is just a user-to-user community forum). Use the Feedback option in the app to send your request -- that will indeed go to someone on the product team.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Gospel Library 4.1.0 for Android (released yesterday) now allows you to search within the current collection, book, section, or chapter.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”