March Ensign

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
tambrose

March Ensign

Post by tambrose »

Will the March 2017 Ensign be added to the gospel library?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: March Ensign

Post by sbradshaw »

I have the March 2017 Ensign on my installation of Gospel Library. What version of Gospel Library are you running (you can see at the bottom of Settings)?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
cwoolf70

Post by cwoolf70 »

I just reinstalled Gospel library and​ March 2017 is still missing. Shows up in Android but iPad isn't showing new ensign.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

cwoolf70 wrote:I just reinstalled Gospel library and​ March 2017 is still missing. Shows up in Android but iPad isn't showing new ensign.
What model iPad?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
christensenmilton

Post by christensenmilton »

The March 2017 won't load onto my iPad 2. I updated the iOS to 9.3.5 and deleted the app then reinstalled it, although it is being reinstalled from the cloud. All other devices have loaded the March 2017 Ensign
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

christensenmilton wrote:The March 2017 won't load onto my iPad 2. I updated the iOS to 9.3.5 and deleted the app then reinstalled it, although it is being reinstalled from the cloud. All other devices have loaded the March 2017 Ensign
I think you must be running an old version of Gospel Library – if you go to the App Store, you can find the newest version (Gospel Library 4), and it should include the March Ensign. Gospel Library 4 is available for iOS 9 and above. Previous versions of Gospel Library are using an old content channel, that isn't being updated as frequently.
howardtake

Post by howardtake »

Having same issue...
Running iOS 9.3.1 on iPad Air with Gospel Library 4.0.4
Plenty of memory, but not getting March 2017 Ensign
any insights would be appreciated

Sign me stumped in NC
mswitzer

Post by mswitzer »

"Previous version of Gospel Library are using an old content channel, that isn't being updated as frequently."

That's really too bad. I reverted back to an older version intentionally because the new version has a horrible (imo) interface that takes more clicks for everything and is much less intuitive than the older version. Also, an error message pops up and never goes away no matter how many times I dismiss it, unless I disconnect from Wi-Fi and mobile.

Classic mistake that far too many organizations make (even the software company I work for): introducing a total rewrite on newer technology (good) that is inferior to the previous version in its functionality and usability (bad).
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

mswitzer wrote:Also, an error message pops up and never goes away no matter how many times I dismiss it, unless I disconnect from Wi-Fi and mobile.
What's the error message you get?
mswitzer wrote:Classic mistake that far too many organizations make (even the software company I work for): introducing a total rewrite on newer technology (good) that is inferior to the previous version in its functionality and usability (bad).
Among other improvements, the new content format allows you to highlight text in headings, bulleted lists, etc., which isn't possible with the old content format. This was an often-requested feature for many years.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”