Giving Permissions in MLS to RS Leader

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
colinhf

Giving Permissions in MLS to RS Leader

Post by colinhf »

I am the ward clerk in my ward and I am trying to help the Chinese Group Relief Society leader in our ward get permissions in MLS to see visiting teaching, help with food orders, etc. I submitted the necessary information in MLS to allow her to access that information, but since doing so she is unable to log on to LDS.org at all, even after trying to reset her password. Any attempt to just login does not work. What is to be done from here?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Giving Permissions in MLS to RS Leader

Post by aebrown »

colinhf wrote:I am the ward clerk in my ward and I am trying to help the Chinese Group Relief Society leader in our ward get permissions in MLS to see visiting teaching, help with food orders, etc. I submitted the necessary information in MLS to allow her to access that information, but since doing so she is unable to log on to LDS.org at all, even after trying to reset her password. Any attempt to just login does not work. What is to be done from here?
MLS is no longer used for Visiting Teaching. This sister needs to use Leader and Clerk Resources on LDS.org instead. Note that MLS uses a separate login that you could help her setup, but since that's not useful for her, she needs to set up her LDS Account correctly and use that for LCR. Make sure she's not trying to use the MLS credentials you created for LCR -- they won't work there. If she can't sign in to LDS.org with her LDS Account credentials, she needs to work through the standard password recovery options available at ldsaccount.lds.org.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Giving Permissions in MLS to RS Leader

Post by russellhltn »

colinhf wrote:Chinese Group Relief Society leader in our ward
I assume you're taking about a group within a ward. The only way she can get access is to have hold a standard position that grants access. What I think you'll need to do is split the Relief Society into two groups and make her the President of the second group.

Note that after doing this, it can take up to 24 hours before she has her access.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”