Ward Indexing Report

Issues related to FamilySearch Indexing
jkelson3

Ward Indexing Report

Post by jkelson3 »

Can anyone help me access the ward and stake indexing report/statistics? Thank you!
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Your stake indexing coordinator has an extra tab that allows access to that information. It's not available to the general membership.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

That is correct. Stake indexing directors have administrative tools under that extra tab at indexing.familysearch.org.

Last week at my FHC, I saw a stake indexing director for one of the stakes come in and do some work there, and do a print run of those very reports. A page can be printed by the indexing director for each ward in the stake. Those reports are often given to bishops and other leaders on a 'need to know' basis.

A member always has access to his or her own indexing statistics, that is built into the program, there are persoanl goal-setting and tracking tools available within the software the indexer downloads.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

The stake indexing director can also download these reports in a CSV format, which can facilitate additional reporting, graphs, etc., if they want to do some additional spreadsheet work.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
xanstheman

Re: Ward Indexing Report

Post by xanstheman »

Is there no place that a bishop can look them up? Is the Stake Indexing Coordinator the only one who can do that?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

xanstheman wrote:Is there no place that a bishop can look them up? Is the Stake Indexing Coordinator the only one who can do that?
That is generally correct. The stake indexing director is usually an Admin in the indexing system. If the stake has another Admin (often a backup), that person can also get the report.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

xanstheman wrote:Is there no place that a bishop can look them up? Is the Stake Indexing Coordinator the only one who can do that?
Indexing is administered at the stake level, not the ward level, so the bishop has no direct stewardship in this area. So the stake indexing director (or his/her assistant) can run indexing reports, but not the bishop.

However, it's entirely appropriate for the stake indexing director to communicate with a bishop regarding his ward's indexing activities. They just need to work out the lines of communication and I'm sure the bishop can get the information he needs.
wadeellis

Post by wadeellis »

Is this still correct, or are there any other callings that can view the reports now? I seem to remember our ward indexing people being able to access the report at some point within the last year or two.
l0r1n

Post by l0r1n »

I live in a new stake and we have no one who has this calling. I have been trying to get a report for our ward since the beginning of the year, but no one has access. And because no one has access no one can get access. I would have thought that the Stake Clerk could at least grant access to these reports but he does not have access.

I have heard of a rumor that these reports will be come available in the LDS.org Leader and Clerk resourses. I am not sure if indexing will be or just Family History reports
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

wadeellis wrote:Is this still correct, or are there any other callings that can view the reports now? I seem to remember our ward indexing people being able to access the report at some point within the last year or two.
By default, only the "Stake Temple and Family History Consultant--Indexing" calling has access to indexing reports (and possibly also other Stake Temple and Family History Consultants, since the calling name changed recently). They are able to grant access to others in the stake, but there's no granularity in permissions, so anyone who has access in the system can see information for the entire stake, including indexers' names in any ward, etc., and they can add other admins. So, a Stake Temple and Family History Consultant--Indexing (if your stake has one) may be hesitant to give access to others.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “FamilySearch Indexing”