Misplaced Move In. What to do...??

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
mikendidi

Misplaced Move In. What to do...??

Post by mikendidi »

I am the membership clerk in my ward. We had an inactive family that lived in our ward years ago. They moved out of our valley several years ago and their records were moved out. This was all before my time as the clerk. Just recently the records were moved back to our valley but a different ward. That ward knew it was a mistake, and then mistakenly (I hope) moved them to our ward. I have no idea of an address, contact info or anything. They are just sitting on our ward records and don't live anywhere in the area. Not sure how to get them where they need to go.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Misplaced Move In. What to do...??

Post by russellhltn »

I'd follow the instructions for "address unknown".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Did you talk to the other ward and ask them why they moved the record into your ward? That's the first thing I'd do. It's possible they have more information.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

sbradshaw wrote:Did you talk to the other ward and ask them why they moved the record into your ward? That's the first thing I'd do. It's possible they have more information.
And if they don't it is a perfect opportunity to respectfully ask them to not "kick the can down the road" because it doesn't do the member any good and just makes it someone else's problem...

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”