Patriarchal Blessings

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
samanthahunt

Patriarchal Blessings

Post by samanthahunt »

I got my Patriarchal Blessing a couple years ago and noticed that my mother's maiden name was wrong. What should I do in order to get that fixed?
cdw3423lds

Re: Patriarchal Blessings

Post by cdw3423lds »

Your ward clerk should be able to take care of that for you. While you're at it, you should take a look at all the other information on your records to be sure everything else is correct too.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Your clerk can print an Individual Ordinance Summary (IOS) for you, which shows your membership information, that you can use to check the rest of your information as cdw3423 suggests. Then, if anything needs to be changed, the clerk can update it for you.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

After the membership record information is sorted out (if needed), your patriarch should know how to make a correction to your blessing and provide it again to you and to the Church archives.
cdw3423lds

Post by cdw3423lds »

lajackson wrote:After the membership record information is sorted out (if needed), your patriarch should know how to make a correction to your blessing and provide it again to you and to the Church archives.
I'm pretty sure that once the membership record is corrected, a new copy of the Patriarchal Blessing will reflect that. However I would wait a few weeks (it probably won't take that long) before requesting a new copy to be sure all the various systems get updated.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

cdw3423 wrote:I'm pretty sure that once the membership record is corrected, a new copy of the Patriarchal Blessing will reflect that.
Things may have changed if the blessing was received recently, but my blessing is not linked. It is a pdf version of the paper copy I received.
cdw3423lds

Post by cdw3423lds »

I forgot to mention one thing. If Samantha's mom is a member of different ward, the ward clerk of that ward will have to make the fix. If her mom isn't a member then Samantha's ward clerk can do it.

BTW lajackson, My blessing is also scan of the original paper, but I'm pretty sure they save the new ones in a database now.

Return to “General Discussions”