Out-of-unit Home Teaching assignments

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
clifwarner

Out-of-unit Home Teaching assignments

Post by clifwarner »

We have a small branch in a care center. Any Home or Visiting Teaching must be done by those assigned to the Branch, but whose actual membership resides in a home ward. When trying to assign Home or Visiting Teachers to the members of the Branch, out-of-unit membership do not show up in the Branch list and therefore, cannot be assigned and reported in MLS. Is there a work around in MLS? Or, a plan to provide such?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Out-of-unit Home Teaching assignments

Post by russellhltn »

I suggest you talk with your stake leaders to inquire with their "upline". The "business rules" were handed down by the priesthood department. They would be the ones to figure out how this should be handled.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbybee

Post by sbybee »

Trying to get clarification from this post, since I'm not able to find any further responses to the question of "how to assign an "Out-Of-Unit" member to be a Home Teacher.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbybee wrote:Trying to get clarification from this post, since I'm not able to find any further responses to the question of "how to assign an "Out-Of-Unit" member to be a Home Teacher.
It can not be done. The system won't allow it. It's not a developer decision, but a "business rule" decision made by the Priesthood Department.

That's why I suggested that the leadership take up the issue with their "upline" to see what should be changed. Perhaps the rules will be changed, or perhaps they'll direct that the branch be made into a group where all the membership records are in the ward that covers that area.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”