Who does the notification timing?

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
former

Who does the notification timing?

Post by former »

I get the fact that someone has decided that complex passwords that are changed all the time are needed, but who is the sleep destroyer responsible for these notifications at 4:14 A.M.? Do you not know that some people are on call 24 hours a day seven days a week? Do you not comprehend that you are destroying a nights sleep when your thoughtless communication arrives? Please repent and fix this so that the LDS account password notification does not go out in the middle of the night. I am confident that you have the ability to remedy the situation.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Who does the notification timing?

Post by russellhltn »

former wrote:I am confident that you have the ability to remedy the situation.
Your confidence is misplaced. This is primarily and user-to-user forum with no power over the church systems.

Since this is a world-wide church, it's always going to be 4AM somewhere. So the solution is not that simple.

I'd respectfully suggest you're more likely to resolve your situation sooner by separating your urgent and non-urgent emails (perhaps by account or by rules) and adjust the middle on the night notifications appropriately.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”