Unnecessary date limit for occurrences in calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
carloswm85

Unnecessary date limit for occurrences in calendar

Post by carloswm85 »

Hi, guys.

As the thread name says, I think that the date limit for occurrences is unnecessary. It says that such limit is 2 years and I would like to extend that limit to 5 or 10 years, or just remove it completely. In a our stake, as in other stakes in Church, a lot of events are super repetitive in time. Some examples of this is Stake conference, Ward conferences, Stake council, High priest council and other meetings (I don't know all their names in English, sorry; you know them). I can update the meetings every two years, I know, but if I can avoid such boring and repetitive task, I'll gladly do it (usually information repeats a lot for every event, like Ward conferences, and they are usually made in the same time of the year, every time).

Is there something that can be done to fix or improve this? If you need more information on my behalf, just let me know please (I'm from Argentina, by the way).

Thanks in advance.
Charity never faileth.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Unnecessary date limit for occurrences in calendar

Post by russellhltn »

I'm not sure why the 2-year limit, but I suspect it has to do with server load. If all units had repeating events scheduled for 10+ years, the calendar system might not be stable on Sundays.

I've updated some stake calendars. A "hack" to do it quicker is to take an existing repeating event and edit the beginning and end dates. I think that's faster then creating from scratch. If I did all of our stake calendars, I think it would take me maybe 30 minutes a year.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
carloswm85

Re: Unnecessary date limit for occurrences in calendar

Post by carloswm85 »

Ok. Thanks for the information, russel.
Charity never faileth.

Return to “Calendar”