LDSWirelessNetwork SSID in chapel

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
RobertNickel

LDSWirelessNetwork SSID in chapel

Post by RobertNickel »

My son was at Mutual tonight and pinged me asking about an odd SSID showing up on his phone. There were on the order of 20 of these and they all had the name LDSWirelessNetwork (see image attached).

I am wondering if this is a new change rolling out or if I have to go do a fox hunt in the chapel.

Thank you,
--Robert
Attachments
LDSWirelessNetwork.png
LDSWirelessNetwork SSIDs
(203.13 KiB) Not downloaded yet
harddrive

Re: LDSWirelessNetwork SSID in chapel

Post by harddrive »

My opinion is that this is another WAP that is broadcasting that SSID or it could even be another phone. The question is do you see it on Sunday? Where in the building to do see this and do others see it on their phone?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Did you see the screen shot? It looks like at least 7 APs all at once. 4 of them are "saved".

I know some APs are capable of having more than one SSID. Like the home routers that have a "guest" SSID. I wonder if something like that is going on here?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
tlhackett
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by tlhackett »

That is not the standard Church SSID. My guess is that either they are rogue routers, routers nearby, or someone installed non church equipment in the meetinghouse and chose LDSWirelessNetwork as the SSID. All correctly installed WAPs are centrally controlled and managed meaning that all if the SSID were to be changed, it would be changed globally.

I'd get involved with your FM group and see if you can find and remove those WAPs and replace them with official equipment if necessary.
michaelcox

Post by michaelcox »

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”