Member Photo Upload by Stake Clerk or Stake Presidency

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
ability

Member Photo Upload by Stake Clerk or Stake Presidency

Post by ability »

Can someone please point me in the direction of who to request they grant access for a Stake Clerk or Member of the Stake Presidency to upload consented membership photos to the directory. This at one time was allowed. As stake president, we routinely take the members photos, per their consent when they are in to renew their temple recommends. However for the past year the stake level clerk or stake presidency doesn't have these permissions anymore. Hopefully there is a chain of command where such requests can be made.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Member Photo Upload by Stake Clerk or Stake Presidency

Post by russellhltn »

There are only two ways we know of. One is to make the request via Feedback on the main lds.org page. The second is to take up the issue with the area authority to bring up with his superiors. I'm personally unaware of any direct way to submit request. Typically, the rights and privileges are reviewed by the proper priesthood authority at the church offices. The developers do not make those kinds of decisions.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I didn't realize the stake ever had permissions to upload for all the wards. I like the idea, though, of taking pictures when people come in for temple recommends. That's a good opportunity to do so.

I suppose you could send the photos to the respective ward clerks and ask them to upload the pictures.

Getting member pictures on the directory is probably the "technology" activity for which I've received the most positive feedback from both ward and stake leaders. Most wards in our stake have very few pictures available. I suppose they could have permissions set to not let stake members view the pictures, but I think very few members even know about the privacy settings, so I doubt that's the case.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

On the LDS Tools list it was admitted this was a 'bug' that was fixed. Normal for these things it was just fixed. The Wards are responsible for correct data on membership records.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”