Security token

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
aclawson

Security token

Post by aclawson »

Do the old instructions on how to replace a clerk PC without needing to call SLC to reset the security token still work? Anything different with the process under Windows 10?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Security token

Post by russellhltn »

They've worked for me.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
harddrive

Post by harddrive »

I personally didn't know that there were old instructions to reset the security code. I have always called SLC to do it. It would be nice to see these instructions.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Process hasn't changed, however the nice message when you try and send/receive after a change does tell you to call the GSC and get the security reset where in the past it was always just a failed note. Not sure when that changed, but it was several years between when I did my last one and last month when I did it again.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

harddrive wrote:I personally didn't know that there were old instructions to reset the security code. I have always called SLC to do it. It would be nice to see these instructions.
Just to be clear, these are instructions on how to move the data from one computer to a new computer without setting off the need to call SLC. The key is not to use MLS's restore function. Do a fresh install of MLS on the new computer and copy the folder C:\ProgramData\LDS Church over from the old one. As far as I know, this will only allow you to get a new computer working - it won't allow you to use MLS on two computers.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

russellhltn wrote:Just to be clear, these are instructions on how to move the data from one computer to a new computer without setting off the need to call SLC. The key is not to use MLS's restore function. Do a fresh install of MLS on the new computer and copy the folder C:\ProgramData\LDS Church over from the old one.
Yep, that's the process I used last year when new PC's came in. No token reset was needed. Just make sure both the new and old PC's are running the same version of MLS and it should work. The only time I had to call the GSC folks was when I setup a new PC for a new ward, but that was expected.

Return to “Clerk Computers”