Cant Change Password

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
ryabbott

Cant Change Password

Post by ryabbott »

Trying to change my mothers password on lds.org

I get through the whole process up to "Set New Password" but it doesn't go any further, just remains on the page until it says "Technical Difficulties, try again later"

its been like this a few hours now, am I not being patient enough? remember, this is my mum involved...and we know what they are like!

any help is greatly appreciated!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Cant Change Password

Post by jdlessley »

If you are doing this on Sunday then the problem is most likely a server load issue. Try making the change on a weekday when the server load is more manageable.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
danilosumo

Post by danilosumo »

Same issue here.

I hit the "Set New Password" several times, repeat the process, used different browsers but got the same problem.
robert.wrathall

Post by robert.wrathall »

the answers to security questions (or one of two) aren't matching.

when I enter my email, it says something about already being used.

Just send me a re-set, please.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

robert.wrathall wrote:Just send me a re-set, please.
Oh, that life were so simple. There is no such thing.

So, please ask your ward clerk to help you contact the Global Service Center. They are the ones who will be able to resolve the issue. No one here at the Forum is able to do that. This forum is just a user-to-user forum sharing ideas and experiences.
jish96

Post by jish96 »

I know this is an older post but I just ran into the same problem and found a solution, at least for me. Hopefully this can help anyone that looks this up later.
I had the same problem, I pressed "set new password" over and over again and several different browsers with no luck.
Okay, to the point. Don't enter your membership number as (for example) 00011112222. In "forgot username" it gives you an error but in "forgot password" it lets you enter, but doesn't let you change the password.
Enter your membership number like this: 000-1111-2222
That worked for me, hope it works for anyone else with the same problem!

Return to “Church Account”