Seminary registration overview status incorrect

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
mfmohlma

Seminary registration overview status incorrect

Post by mfmohlma »

I just got an email from our seminary teacher that it was time to register for seminary again. I clicked through the steps at myseminary.lds.org to register my child for next year. I can verify the registration "took" by clicking on the "sunrise open scriptures" icon under her name where I see "Your child is registered for the upcoming seminary year."

Since I am a ward clerk, I decided to see how the status page for the ward looks. After clicking on the ward name under "My Stake", it shows my child as "Opting out" in the resultant overview list. When I return to the individual page, the registration is still recorded.

Can anyone else confirm this?

The interface is getting much better than it has been in years past. I was hoping for finally a bug-free year as clerk. Maybe next year. :)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Seminary registration overview status incorrect

Post by russellhltn »

How long did you wait? I'm wondering if this is one of those processes that takes 24 hours or so for all the computers to talk.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

It was just a few minutes after I registered her. I will check tomorrow. :)
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

Hm. Now the status for my child (and one other student) is blank and the list says "2 of <n> registered" so I guess that's how it will work for this year. I'll be sure to be slow to check status this year. :P
billssd
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by billssd »

Thanks for your feedback. I am glad you were able to register your youth. I am also glad the "opting out" marker has disappeared. I will let our programmers know about this. Thanks.
jasonpbyu

Post by jasonpbyu »

Appears this is still an issue, I just registered my son and it says "opting out". Bishopric member noted the same thing after registering his son.

Return to “Main Church Website”