Unable to Move in Record

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
pvtmathis

Unable to Move in Record

Post by pvtmathis »

I have a member and her 5 year old daughter that moved into our ward over a year ago. For some reason her daughters record did not move with her. I tried to request the daughters record with all the correct information, including the previous ward, but could not find the record. I thought perhaps the record was never created when the child was blessed, so I tried to create a record for her. After entering the child's information I received a possible duplicate record warning.

I tried to request the child's record again, using the information as listed on the possible duplicate record warning but still received an unable to locate record warning. I've talked with the mother and she tells me that there have been problems locating her daughters record in the past, which leads me to believe that there is some sort of problem with it. My inclination is to just create a new record and delete the old record when it is finally found, but I wanted to see if anyone has any other ideas first. It would seem the record exists, why else the duplicate record warning. But why can it not be located when requested as a move in? Thanks for your help.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Unable to Move in Record

Post by jonesrk »

Look on the mothers full membership record and see if there is a MRN for the daughter. If so try requesting the records by MRN. There may be something wrong with the birth date or name on the daughter's record.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Any possibility that the former spouse of the member has joint custody of the child? It's possible the child's record is "locked" to keep it from moving. I'm not sure how that plays out in requests, but it would certainly prevent you from requesting the record.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
pvtmathis

Post by pvtmathis »

The mothers record does show the daughters correct information but no record number. Also the father is unknown and not listed on any of the records. Any chance the daughters current record could be a temporary one, thus the lack of a record number and the inability to locate it?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It sounds like no record was ever created for the daughter. At least, it was never linked to the mother. I'd suggest calling local unit support on why your getting the duplicate warning.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
pvtmathis

Post by pvtmathis »

Do you have a contact address for local unit support?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

pvtmathis wrote:Do you have a contact address for local unit support?
See https://www.lds.org/help/support/suppor ... r?lang=eng

Return to “Membership Help”