Tagging scriptures causes app to freeze

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
arlamo

Tagging scriptures causes app to freeze

Post by arlamo »

This has been happening on and off since the big update, never before. Some days I might be able to tag a couple of verses before it freezes; other times, the first time I tag a verse, it freezes. Also happens on occasion with typing a note. I'm having to power down completely multiple times during one session of scripture study.
scottdean

Re: Tagging scriptures causes app to freeze

Post by scottdean »

Been there - done that! I have isolated the problem for me (on my Ipad and IPhone) by finding the chapters were the freeze is occurring, removing all the notes, and especially the links on that chapter and then - one by one reinstalling the notes only - never reinstalling the links. I have found that the notes work then - and the chapter no longer freezes. I believe the issues with freezing are coming from the fact that links placed on the IOS devices are not syncing with LDS.ORG and are thus causing the problem. Also, to remove a link scripture - you have to do it twice - once where you initiated the link and then you have to go to the link scripture itself and delete it there first. My experience is that the small icon on the right side of the chapter overview (showing which verses you have links, notes, or tabs) is not accurate for links. It only shows the link where you initiated it - it does not show along side the scripture that was identified as the link itself. Complicated process to remove links - I wish you could delete a link scripture at the point of origin and have it eliminated at the reference scripture also - but sadly no!
galorath

Re: Tagging scriptures causes app to freeze

Post by galorath »

ouch

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”