Why has "stake building" been added to the location drop down box when creating an event?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
perryk

Why has "stake building" been added to the location drop down box when creating an event?

Post by perryk »

I am the stake website administrator for my stake. When we go into create an event and click on the drop down box for locations, "stake building" is now showing up as a location in addition to an already existing stake center location. This problem has just recently appeared. However, when I go into the "Locations and Rooms" where setup options for my stake are listed, there is no "stake building" location anywhere to be found. We already have a location that indicates my stake's full name so this "stake building" is an additional location. The website recognizes these as two separate locations (when in reality there is only one stake center/building) and so it is causing major difficulty in scheduling rooms in the stake center -- the website does not recognize that there is a conflict when one exists. Help please. This is a serious problem.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Why has "stake building" been added to the location drop down box when creating an event?

Post by russellhltn »

Are you the agent stake for this building?

There are three sources for locations:
  • Buildings that come from the FM database
  • Locations manually created by the stake
  • Locations/buildings shared by other stakes
For buildings that come from the FM database, only the agent stake has admin management of them (shows up in locations), even if they appear as a usable location in other stakes.

Locations that can be deleted have been created by the stake.

Since you can't see this new building in locations, it's either shared or you're not the agent stake for that building.

If you can delete your old location, then that's the duplicate. You need to move all your events off of it and delete it. Otherwise, you risk creating conflicting events with other stakes.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
perryk

Re: Why has "stake building" been added to the location drop down box when creating an event?

Post by perryk »

I am speaking of the stake center meetinghouse and YES, we are the agent stake for our own stake center. The problem is the "stake building" location only appears in the location drop down box when creating an event. IT DOES NOT APPEAR in the website set up options of "Locations and Rooms" -- if it did, I could do as you suggest and delete it. It doesn't make sense that this additional "stake building" only appears in the location drop down box. How could it possibly get there when it doesn't show up in the set up options? There is something very wrong. Who do I contact to check into this further? Thanks a million for your help.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

perryk wrote:IT DOES NOT APPEAR in the website set up options of "Locations and Rooms"
Which is consistent for it to be coming from another stake that is sharing it with you. In that case, you need to talk to the other stakes that share that building.

The question is, can you see a delete option for your current building location? If so, then THAT is the duplicate, not the new one that showed up.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
perryk

Post by perryk »

Another stake shares the pavilion that is located in my stake boundaries and they do need to use our stake center for restrooms when using the pavilion. My stake is the agent stake over the pavilion and over our stake center. Please note that I have already added the other stake as a unit assigned to the pavilion (but I have not added their stake as a unit assigned to my stake center since they are only authorized to use our stake building for restrooms) and they have been able to schedule the pavilion through their own website. Is it possible for the other stake to add their "stake building" location to my stake's website even though they are not the agent stake of either the stake center or the pavilion?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

perryk wrote:Is it possible for the other stake to add their "stake building" location to my stake's website even though they are not the agent stake of either the stake center or the pavilion?
It's possible they were not able to see your stake building, so they created a location and then shared it with you (by indicating that you also use it). They probably don't realize what has happened (created a duplicate).

I think it's time to have a conversation with the other stake's calendar admin.

Return to “Calendar”