Resetting back to top of chapter

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
arlamo

Resetting back to top of chapter

Post by arlamo »

When we read scriptures as a family each morning, we don't necessarily finish a chapter and I've always left my scripture study window on the next verse to read. The last week or two, the app has been resetting my place back to the top of the chapter. Not a huge big deal, but frustrating because sometimes my kids don't agree on the last verse read and I have always been the voice of truth :D

I've tried just highlighting the verse number but sometimes (actually often) find it difficult to remove the highlight later.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Resetting back to top of chapter

Post by lajackson »

arlamo wrote:I've always left my scripture study window on the next verse to read. The last week or two, the app has been resetting my place back to the top of the chapter.
I have a bookmark set for family reading and update it. I have always been wary about leaving things displayed and expecting them to reappear when I open an app again. It hardly ever works that way for me.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Are you on Android, iOS, or Windows?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
arlamo

Post by arlamo »

iOS

How do you bookmark a particular verse? I don't want to bookmark the chapter, just the verse. And honestly, I've been leaving my verse displayed for years now without a problem until this latest update
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

arlamo wrote:How do you bookmark a particular verse?
You can scroll to the verse you want to update, then add or update a bookmark. It will bookmark the topmost visible verse on your screen.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mbrandt77

Post by mbrandt77 »

I have the same issue and while bookmarking my be a solition, can't the developers figure out what changed and put it back? I too closed the app mid-chapter and for years I've been able to just open it up and proceed. I'd like to be able to do that again. One less thing to fight with while trying to get the kids to sit still and pay attention.
MarcusOliver

Post by MarcusOliver »

arlamo wrote:iOS

How do you bookmark a particular verse? I don't want to bookmark the chapter, just the verse. And honestly, I've been leaving my verse displayed for years now without a problem until this latest update

THANK YOU for bringing this up!

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”