Changing my last name

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
korbvade

Changing my last name

Post by korbvade »

Hi,

My name on my LDS Account is currently Korbie Vaden, which is what I originally set it up as. I just wanted to change my last name on my account since I got married a couple of years ago. When I change it to my current last name and try to save it though, I get a message that says: A user with this account information already exists. If you need help recovering your account, please visit our help page. I looked through your help page and didn't find anything. I'm pretty sure I haven't made an account with my new last name, so I'm not sure where the problem is. Please help!!

Thanks,

Korbie V
carolinealiceb

Re: Changing my last name

Post by carolinealiceb »

Hi
I have the same problem. I got married almost 3 years ago and I don't know how to change my last name. I tried to, but it never worked and all I got was an email back saying I'd taken my cell number off my account and I hadn't even changed that.
I wonder if there is a phone number I can call to sort this out?

Thanks

Caroline
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Work with your Ward Clerk, or Membership Clerk to remedy.

As well as your individual name, don't forget the Household name.
carolinealiceb

Post by carolinealiceb »

Thank you for your help :)
evangardner

Post by evangardner »

As a branch clerk that has been asked to help someone deal with this problem, can you provide any guidance? I have verified that both individual name and household name have been changed, but this Sister's lds account still shows her last name to be that of her previous marriage. It really seems like her account is still pulling the household name from her previous marriage instead of her current one, given that, as a clerk, there is no mention of the last name from her prior marriage anywhere in MLS. Is this a possibility?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

evangardner wrote:It really seems like her account is still pulling the household name from her previous marriage instead of her current one, given that, as a clerk, there is no mention of the last name from her prior marriage anywhere in MLS. Is this a possibility?
Unlikely. More likely the lds account makes it's own copy of the legal name when the account is created and it doesn't get updated when the membership record changes. And it doesn't provide a way for the user to edit it.

Return to “Church Account”