Keep getting "Page not found" on LDS.org

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
rchomskis

Keep getting "Page not found" on LDS.org

Post by rchomskis »

Hello, how do I get to open English version of LDS.org links? I keep being redirected to Lithuanian „Puslapis nerastas“ ("Page not Found"): https://youtu.be/7Zm1M8jgQ_w. I know that not all LDS.org content is translated to our relatevly small language, but it would be nice to be able to see at least English conent where Lithuanian is not available. This error keeps appearing on other Church websites, like LCR, too.
littleshoes

Re: Keep getting "Page not found" on LDS.org Keep getting Error Page in other languages

Post by littleshoes »

Error on page after log in. What's happening? Shows Error in Loading Page then says the same thing with English afterwards then other languages as well.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Keep getting "Page not found" on LDS.org

Post by lajackson »

rchomskis wrote:Hello, how do I get to open English version of LDS.org links?
In the URL address at the top of your browser, change the three letters in "lang=xxx" to "lang=eng" and you should to be taken to the English version of the page.
rchomskis

Post by rchomskis »

lajackson wrote:
rchomskis wrote:Hello, how do I get to open English version of LDS.org links?
In the URL address at the top of your browser, change the three letters in "lang=xxx" to "lang=eng" and you should to be taken to the English version of the page.
I knew this solution, but it is not user friendly thing to do everytime you click on a link... :(
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

rchomskis wrote:I knew this solution, but it is not user friendly thing to do everytime you click on a link... :(
I agree. The other option is to change your language to English using the language globe just above your name where you sign in.

I sometimes wish there were a way to default to a backup language when the primary language is not supported.
rchomskis

Post by rchomskis »

lajackson wrote:
rchomskis wrote:I knew this solution, but it is not user friendly thing to do everytime you click on a link... :(
I agree. The other option is to change your language to English using the language globe just above your name where you sign in.

I sometimes wish there were a way to default to a backup language when the primary language is not supported.
changing to "lang=eng" brings up the same error page, but in English :( the "page not found" error also shows up when I am not signed in to LDS.org.

Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Sometimes clearing the browser cache and history will sort the problem. Then set the desired language, before doing anything else.
kellymab

Post by kellymab »

Thank you for the screenshot. I was able to reproduce your problem. You will need to change your location to Worldwide, then select English for your language. The system is probably trying to find Lithuanian cultural pages written in English which don't exist.

Some countries have multiple language pages for their content. Canada is the best example I'm familiar with; English and French. The Canadian English page isn't exactly the same as the Worldwide English page as it is news updates specific to Canada.

Return to “Main Church Website”