Home Teaching Reporting in LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
sgarland

Home Teaching Reporting in LCR

Post by sgarland »

In our Group we have 102 currently assigned Home Teaching families. When I go into the Home Teaching Overview (Totals) of the LCR it shows 102/115. When I go into options and look at the assigned families it says 102, does anyone know where the other 13 might be coming from? I have 102 families currently assigned to the Group and 102 families were seen, however, the percentages section shows 89% as being taught. Unless my math is off it should read 100%.

Thanks in advance.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Home Teaching Reporting in LCR

Post by russellhltn »

I'd guess the other 13 are unassigned families. The stats are based on the number of families, not the number of families assigned.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sgarland

Post by sgarland »

No we've checked that and it has no affect on the percentage.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sgarland wrote:No we've checked that and it has no affect on the percentage.
The only way to change your percentage is to visit more families. Assignments may make a difference for a individual quorum, if the assignment changes the quorum responsible for a family - but it won't change the ward stats.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sgarland

Post by sgarland »

If the High Priest Group is assigned 102 families to visit and does indeed visit those 102 families, it would seem that 100% of the "assigned Home Teaching families" were visited by the group. Additionally, as you suggest, at least 3/4 of the families not assigned Home Teachers were also visited (and recorded) with no change. So in this particular circumstance, visiting more families did not change the percentage.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Does the *system* show any unassigned families for the HPG? By default, any unassigned family without a Melchizedek Priesthood head of house will be assigned to the HPG, even if the bishop determines that the Elders should handle it. That's one of the most common issues that come up with HT in LCR.

There might also be an issue with families that moved out. But given the timing, I don't think that's the case since it's mid-quarter.

sgarland

Post by sgarland »

Ok, we just ran an experiment this afternoon in the system. We checked off every individual/family in the Ward as if they had been seen for HT. This included assigned and unassigned, for both HP and EQ. After double checking that individuals were not missed we looked at the percentages and totals in the LCR. The HQ showed 100% and the Totals equaled the number assigned. The HP Group still showed 89% and the Totals still showed 102/115.

We haven't had any families that moved out since roughly November and that was 1 or 2 at most.

Thanks again for taking your time to try and help.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm sure if there was a wide-spread bug, we'd be seeing a lot more messages about this. Being off by 10 percentage points isn't going to fly below anyone's radar. So, I think it's most likely an interpretation issue or a bug unique to your situation.

I'm surprised that no one else has weighed in.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”