Change Donor Name

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
BrettMiller

Change Donor Name

Post by BrettMiller »

I discovered that a donation was recorded from a Jan 1 2017 batch to the wrong person. I went to LCR to make the correction today but it fails.

I selected Participants, opened the donation that was recorded, went to Adjust Donation, Change Donor Name, I typed in the correct name, picked it from the list, and click Change Donor, it takes me back to the donation screen, but the Adjusted Difference on the right side is red (showing the full amount). If I go ahead and click Save Changes, I get an error:
"The Adjusted Difference does not equal 0. Please ensure the Donation Total equals the Adjusted Total so the Adjusted Difference equals 0."
If I re-type the donation (just tithing in this case), the Adjusted Difference goes to $0 and turns green. I type in the reason for the adjustment, I hit save and get the following error:
"We're sorry, something went wrong when trying to save this donation adjustment. Please try again later or contact the Global Support Center or your local administration office."

I'm not sure why it doesn't work. I would have thought this was a simple adjustment to make.
The only weird thing is that the incorrect donor name does not have a membership number, it has CUBS-xxxxxxxx as a member number. Is that a factor?

Any help would be appreciated.
davesudweeks

Re: Change Donor Name

Post by davesudweeks »

Have you tried it in MLS? I have done it in MLS, but not in LCR.
BrettMiller

Post by BrettMiller »

I will try it in MLS when I get back the the church in the next few days.
BrettMiller

Post by BrettMiller »

I was able to make the change in MLS. It did not immediately not show up in LCR under the Participants Donations. I'll give it some time and check later.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

BrettMiller wrote:I was able to make the change in MLS. It did not immediately not show up in LCR under the Participants Donations. I'll give it some time and check later.
At the risk of asking a silly question, did you do a send/receive after making the change? Even then, I'm not 100% certain but what you'd have to make some kind of change on the finance side to trigger a "sync".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”