Audio capability for Church Magazines not working

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
raingirl497

Audio capability for Church Magazines not working

Post by raingirl497 »

Hi there,

I don't know if I'm asking this question in the right place, but I'll give it a try.

For the past 2-3 weeks, I haven't been able to get the audio capability for online Ensign or Friend articles to work. Streaming works in other areas: Netflix, YouTube, Amazon, etc., some of the lds.org videos, but not the Church magazines audio. I've tried using a different browser, restarting my computer, restarting lds. org, etc. My husband, who is usually a pretty good tech wizard can't figure it out either.

It's my long-time habit to listen to at least one Ensign article and one Friend article (Primary pres.) a day, and I'm really missing that ability!

Is there something more I need to do on my end, or is it a problem with lds.org?

Thank you!
Terri Freeman
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Audio capability for Church Magazines not working

Post by sbradshaw »

Is it only the most recent Church magazines that the audio doesn't work? Have you checked previous issues/articles that you've listened to before?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
raingirl497

Post by raingirl497 »

Thanks for such a quick response! I hadn't tried previous month's magazines, but I tested it out today. Sadly, nothing is working audio-wise.

I tried out January 2017 and December 2016 and also could not get audio to work, even though they were working fine before (I listened to both of those when they were current). February 2017 for both the Ensign and Friend were working at the beginning, then just stopped on me.

Any ideas?

Thank you,
Terri Freeman
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Hmm, you may need to send feedback using the Feedback link at the bottom of LDS.org – that will get routed to the team that works on that section of LDS.org. I heard someone else mention the other day that they were having a similar problem, so I suspect that something has changed recently.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
raingirl497

Post by raingirl497 »

Okay, I'll try that next. Thanks!!!
midgie31

Post by midgie31 »

:cry: I like to listen to my church magazines and it's not working. Could you please look into it.
maren

Post by maren »

I am experiencing the exact issue as the above person.
Audio for magazines (past and present) as well as the Gordon B. Hinckley manual on lds.org are not working. Videos seem to be okay.
This has gone on for at least the past few days that I have tried to listen.
raingirl497

Post by raingirl497 »

I sent a message to Feedback as I was instructed to do here. They came back to me and said they were aware of the problem and were working on it. I haven't been able to listen to any audio on the church website for nearly a month now.

I did find that I can listen to the March Ensign through the Gospel Library on my tablet (the version I have online doesn't show the March Ensign, only Jan. and Feb. for some reason). The Friend doesn't seem to have working audio in the Gospel Library from what I can tell, but at least the Ensign works for me. I haven't tried the Gordon B. Hinckley manual, but hopefully it'll work there too.

Just wanted to pass that on. In the meantime I hope they're able to get the audio fixed on lds.org!!

Raingirl 497
zclough

Post by zclough »

I am having this exact same issue. Any updates?
raingirl497

Post by raingirl497 »

Hey, I just tried again today and both the Ensign and Friend are working!! Yay!

There's a difference though, at least on my screen. When I click on the headphones, the audio begins but there is no play/pause bar showing anywhere. I wondered how to pause, so I tried clicking on the headphone icon again . . . and it paused. Click again and it starts again. I'm so glad it's back!! :D

Raingirl497

Return to “Main Church Website”