Cannot exit from 'full screen' mode Windows version

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

wappaloochie

Cannot exit from 'full screen' mode Windows version

Post by wappaloochie »

Today was preparing my lesson and it went into full screen mode on my computer...

What is the key combo to get out of full screen mode? :?:

Hitting 'esc' and 'f11' and 'f12' had no effect and the 'minimize', 'maximize' and 'exit' (x) in the upper left we gone, as well :cry:

Any help would be most appreciated!
wappaloochie

Re: Cannot exit from 'full screen' mode Windows version

Post by wappaloochie »

Okay... I managed to get out of full-screen mode by hovering the mouse near the top (of the screen) of the app...

This isn't very reliable because the app sat there for over 10 minutes and refused to show any kind of bar or way to remove the full-screen effect.

I would love an option to disallow a full-screen mode on a desktop... that way the flaky way (not your fault) that Windows handles the hover to show that bar at the top of the screen will not detract from the use of it.
ToManyLetters

Re: Cannot exit from 'full screen' mode Windows version

Post by ToManyLetters »

wappaloochie,

The 'full screening' you experienced is not a feature of the app, but of Windows. When loading Windows 8.1 apps on Windows 10, Windows will always include the full screen button on the title bar, just to the left of minimize, which is what you clicked to get into the full screen view. When you go into this full screen mode, hovering near where the title bar would be brings the title bar down so that full screen mode can be exited.

Again, this is not a feature of our app, but is a Windows feature for legacy applications on Windows 10. The new Gospel Library for Windows 10, currently in open beta, does not have the full screening button as it was built for Windows 10. You can learn more about the beta at the link below:

https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”