Tithing Tax Settlement for 2016

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
sbeverle

Tithing Tax Settlement for 2016

Post by sbeverle »

When I pulled up my official tax document for my taxes, it brought up my 2015 tax information, not my 2016 tax information. How can I get the current 2016 official tax settlement document?

Shelly Beverley
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Tithing Tax Settlement for 2016

Post by aebrown »

sbeverle wrote:When I pulled up my official tax document for my taxes, it brought up my 2015 tax information, not my 2016 tax information. How can I get the current 2016 official tax settlement document?
Make sure that you use the dropdown labeled "Select Year:" to choose 2016 before you click the Generate Statement button.
donations-statement-year.png
donations-statement-year.png (29.98 KiB) Viewed 2324 times
CoreNiel

Post by CoreNiel »

How can I get donations for my children for 2016 taxes when they made individual donations via check or cash (non online)? I know I can get a print out from the clerk, just wondering if there's a way I can get that information right now online.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

CoreNiel wrote:How can I get donations for my children for 2016 taxes when they made individual donations via check or cash (non online)? I know I can get a print out from the clerk, just wondering if there's a way I can get that information right now online.
I don't think there's a way to do that. I'd also consult a tax professional, because unless they have enough income to be filing taxes, I'm not sure as it matters.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lornaderoest

Post by lornaderoest »

I just need total listed that I paid for 2016 for doing my taxes.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lornaderoest wrote:I just need total listed that I paid for 2016 for doing my taxes.
If you follow the instructions in this earlier post, you should be able to generate a statement that gives you your total donations for 2016.
russusie

Post by russusie »

I need a receipt for contributions in 2016 for tax return. tried the instructions listed here, but couldn't get 2016 receipt. Please help. Russell Slaydon
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

russusie wrote:I need a receipt for contributions in 2016 for tax return. tried the instructions listed here, but couldn't get 2016 receipt.
What happened? Odds are that either your account isn't connected to your membership, or your donations weren't connected. There's a number of things that have to line up to get on-line receipts to work. The most reliable way to get the receipt is to contact the ward(s) you donated to.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jensenck

Post by jensenck »

I CANT PULL UP THE DONATIONS FOR 2016 FOR MY PREVIOUS WARD. WHAT DO I DO TO RESOLVE THIS?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jensenck wrote:I CANT PULL UP THE DONATIONS FOR 2016 FOR MY PREVIOUS WARD. WHAT DO I DO TO RESOLVE THIS?
If you're MRN isn't associated with your account, you won't be able to pull up donations made outside of your account.

If for any reason your donations weren't associated with your MRN, they won't appear. Even if the prior ward fixes that, it's unclear how long it would take to appear.

I'd suggest that you contact the prior ward to get a statement from them directly.

Return to “Online Donations”