Online Access to "Community Service Guidebook" and the "JustServe Supplement"

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
landbeck

Online Access to "Community Service Guidebook" and the "JustServe Supplement"

Post by landbeck »

Our Stake is rolling out "Justserve.org" committees, and we are scrambling for resources. I can see a "Just Serve Handbook" (https://store.lds.org/webapp/wcs/stores ... 5616981721) at store.lds.org, and I understand there are both a "Community Service Guidebook" and a "Community Service Guidebook: JustServe Supplement" on the lds app.

But usually, manuals like this are somewhere on lds.org to view, even if it's just as a .pdf. Are these online somewhere that they can be viewed, or downloaded?

Or are they only accessible if we buy them from the store or have device with the lds app installed?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Online Access to "Community Service Guidebook" and the "JustServe Supplement"

Post by russellhltn »

I tried searching for them on lds.org. The odd part is the search engine seemed to anticipate my request, but the results were disappointing.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Re: Online Access to "Community Service Guidebook" and the "JustServe Supplement"

Post by drepouille »

russellhltn wrote:I tried searching for them on lds.org. The odd part is the search engine seemed to anticipate my request, but the results were disappointing.
This is my most frequent complaint about the search function on lds.org!
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
danpass

Post by danpass »

Consider using the Feedback link near the bottom of the justserve.org page, to request that these materials be made available for online viewing and download.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

landbeck wrote:Or are they only accessible if we buy them from the store or have device with the lds app installed?
They are accessible if you have a calling that requires it. Please see your high councilor over JustServe or a member of your stake presidency who is heading up the charge. With their permission, your stake clerk should be able to set up access for you.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:They are accessible if you have a calling that requires it.
That's interesting. I see both in Gospel Library, but can't find it on lds.org. That might suggest that the rights to view are inconsistent.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:
lajackson wrote:They are accessible if you have a calling that requires it.
That's interesting. I see both in Gospel Library, but can't find it on lds.org. That might suggest that the rights to view are inconsistent.
Then perhaps the original question stands: Where are they hiding at LDS.org. They are new to Gospel Library (I will have to enter a WiFi site to download them), but they usually hit LDS.org first.
landbeck

Post by landbeck »

lajackson wrote:
landbeck wrote:Or are they only accessible if we buy them from the store or have device with the lds app installed?
They are accessible if you have a calling that requires it.
Once they are given access by their calling, *where* do they go to access it? Usually, I can find a url that links to the page for a document, but if it is limited by calling, it requires a login.

I cannot find a url to the document.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

landbeck wrote:Once they are given access by their calling, *where* do they go to access it?
When I previously had access to JustServe, I believe I had to sign into the JustServe site before I was able to see anything. I think there was a section for leaders that priesthood leader information.
cmankowski

Post by cmankowski »

Both of the handbooks are in the Public Affairs Network portion of LDS.org

Return to “General Discussions”