Inline footnotes + annotations = annoying

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
cnj87

Inline footnotes + annotations = annoying

Post by cnj87 »

Sometimes I like to put an annotation on top of a word that has a footnote. This is great, except for when I want to access that annotation again. Tapping on it brings up either the Highlight/Link menu from the bottom, or it opens the footnotes drawer on the right (I still haven't figured out how the app decides which one to open). But what if I want to change the color of my annotation? It becomes pretty much impossible to access because of the footnote that is also there. But wait, there is a workaround! You can just turn off the footnotes. But then I don't see them at all, which is a bummer. Can we have a setting for removing the footnote link but keeping the little superscript a, b, c letters? I hate having to go through all these extra steps, just to change the color of my annotation.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Inline footnotes + annotations = annoying

Post by sbradshaw »

When you tap on things that overlap (i.e. two highlights, or a footnote link and a highlight), the app is supposed to show a popup asking which one you want to interact with. If it's not doing that, it's a bug – are you tapping on the edge of a highlight, instead of right in the middle? Maybe the highlight and the footnote link are bounded by slightly different rectangles.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
cnj87

Re: Inline footnotes + annotations = annoying

Post by cnj87 »

I get a popup whenever it's two highlights overlapping, but I've never gotten a popup when it's a footnote overlapping with a highlight. I've tried tapping all over the place.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”