Watching the Broadcast this friday after it broadcasts

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
keaton.gibb

Watching the Broadcast this friday after it broadcasts

Post by keaton.gibb »

Usually in our institute, the teachers have a dinner then watch the broadcast later on in the night. Currently our stake centre's AV room is being renovated and we cannot record the satellite broadcast using the equipment (it isn't there anyways). My question is: will the broadcast be available online immediately following the end of the broadcast?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Watching the Broadcast this friday after it broadcasts

Post by lajackson »

keaton.gibb wrote:My question is: will the broadcast be available online immediately following the end of the broadcast?
I have seen it both ways. Sometimes the broadcast is available immediately. Sometimes it goes away and comes back in a few days or a week or so. There are no guarantees.

The January 19 Notice says the broadcast will be available shortly after the live event. The notice also says that the broadcast will be available in all approved languages within a week. In the past, that has suggested quick availability of the originally broadcast (English) version.

Again, no promises.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

"Shortly after" could just as easily mean 2–3 days.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

However, the options are quite limited:
  • Find another building to record the satellite broadcast.
  • Record the live stream
  • Cross your fingers and hope that it will be there.
Recording live streams is not easy. You'll want to have some a practice runs. That may not be very practical at this point.

I tend to suspect that this broadcast is prerecorded, which makes me think there's a good chance it will be available immediately since it should already be in "final form" as far as the recording itself.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”