Syncronizing website with MLS?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
dibbg-p40

Syncronizing website with MLS?

Post by dibbg-p40 »

I'm getting requests from members to change their phone number on the website. I've changed it in MLS, but it hasn't / won't change on the website. I told them to go into their web profile and change their ph# there. They've done that, but it still won't change in the online ward website member directory. Help! :confused:
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

The phone number shown at the website is the primary phone number of the head of household shown in MLS.

If you have changed that number in MLS and done a Send/Receive, and the number has not updated to the Local Unit Web Site within a few days, then there is a problem at Church Headquarters with the MLS/LUWS interface.

I would make sure the primary HoH phone number had actually changed in MLS (you got the new membership record back from CHQ with the new phone number on it). Then I would check the LUWS for about a week.

Then I would call Salt Lake and ask them why the site was not updating properly.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dibbg wrote:I'm getting requests from members to change their phone number on the website. I've changed it in MLS, but it hasn't / won't change on the website. I told them to go into their web profile and change their ph# there. They've done that, but it still won't change in the online ward website member directory. Help! :confused:

You did the right thing in changing the phone number in MLS. That is the phone number that appears in membership and leadership directories on the local unit website (LUWS). I'm not sure what the phone number in the web profile is for, but it's not for anything that actually appears on the site -- it is probably there just for contact information for the Church's site administrators, but I doubt that it is ever used.

There is some delay between the time a change is made in MLS (and transmitted) and when it actually shows up on the LUWS. It can be a week or so. If you made and transmitted the MLS change in the last few days, I would simply advise you to be patient. If it was more than a week ago, then I would think you should double check your MLS work and make sure that the household primary phone number has indeed been changed properly.
srweight

this was a reply to an email to update leadership on website

Post by srweight »

Subject: Re: MLS Updated and a few notes

Shirl,

I know this has probably come up before, but I would think that doing an
automatic sync of the leadership list from MLS to the web would be a
high priority for MLS developers. Just like it's silly to maintain two
calenders, it's silly to maintain two identical leadership lists. Any
idea on when this gaping hole will be fixed? I'm supposing I'm not the
only one who forgets to update the leadership list....

Scott Welling
North Ogden 17th Ward
dwterry-p40

Once a week

Post by dwterry-p40 »

I believe that the web site is updated only once a week. I have no idea what day of the week, but I seem to recall hearing that it is refreshed only once per week. So depending on when you do your send/receive it could be anywhere from 1 to 7 days before the information gets updated.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

dwterry wrote:I believe that the web site is updated only once a week.
This is true. But I do not think the leadership information gets updated at all. MLS leadership positions and LUWS leadership positions are updated independently at each location. They do not interface with each other.

This means that someone has to make the change in MLS, and then make the change again in LUWS, or vice versa.
childsdj

Post by childsdj »

This will be done in a newer version of the stake and ward web site. I'm not sure when it will be complete however.
cherishj

Post by cherishj »

dwterry wrote:I believe that the web site is updated only once a week. I have no idea what day of the week, but I seem to recall hearing that it is refreshed only once per week. So depending on when you do your send/receive it could be anywhere from 1 to 7 days before the information gets updated.
Membership updates populate to the website on a daily basis.
jfackerson

Post by jfackerson »

We're back here on the East Coast of the US of America.

Our LUWS Membership Directory is only updated once a week,
on Tuesdays.

For Ward Web Administrators, our list of Registered Users is only updated
once a week on Wednesdays.

Which state or location is updated daily?
BGifford-p40

Preferred names

Post by BGifford-p40 »

Can someone verify for me whether the preferred names get propogated to the web site or not. We just spent a lot of time updating preferred names for people in MLS and I noticed the updated names are not currently reflected on the web site. The names were only updated in MLS yesterday so I have some hope that they just have not been pushed up yet. However, some of our other changes that were also made on Tuesday have already shown up on the web site.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”